I’m sorry I haven’t been blogging on here lately. (Or on my fansite that much either.) I’ve had a lot going on in my personal life since mid-December. (Or as I call it, putting out several fires of various sizes.) I may go into more details on some of this later in another blog, but in summary…
- Problems with my husband’s job going from temporary/contract to permanent. It finally happened, but not before we got to T minus 2 weeks before his contract expired. Long story short, they last minute extended the contract, then finally hired him.
- I got sick two times in a row. First was a sinus/ear infection. I was barely starting to recover when I got a full blown head cold that was going around work. This left me completely exhausted. Moral of the story: People need to cover their damn cough!
- One of our cats became violently ill. First, he had kidney failure. He recovered fully, but then was diagnosed diabetic. We think we have that under control now.
- I finally got my temp crown for my root canal tooth. That’s getting a permanent crown tomorrow.
- Sinus/nose became inflamed. Sighs. I had a skin test (OW!) and I didn’t react to really anything. So it was just from the huge level of pollen in the air.
- My husband became ill. He’s fine now and doing a better job of taking care of himself.
- A major water main that supplies water for the county where I work broke really early one weekday morning. For that first day, toilets couldn’t flush and sinks reduced to a trickle. Also, boil water advisory for a few days.
- My dentist’s office called to say my dental insurance was apparently waiting for me to contact them and say who I had secondary dental insurance through. They wouldn’t start the process of my claim for my crown before then. Insurance didn’t even attempt to call and ask me. I found out this way. Ugh.
- Daylight Saving Time. My body clock is pretty precise. It does not like going to bed an hour earlier. Not to mention the sun being out close to bedtime also screws me up. Lots of tossing and turning for days. The Monday after the time change I was so tired it was painful.
- I’m taking my car in this week to get an oil change and to take another look at how much of my front brakes are left. I don’t hear any noises yet, but they’ve been in the ‘caution’ area for a while. I’ll see if they are finally at the point of replacing.
And all that is just what I can recall at this moment.
So yeah some of these things were more annoyances and frustrations. However, when you add it in with everything else I’ve been dealing with, it becomes a compounding issue.
I could use a boring, regular, drama and issue free life for a long while now.