Major car rant incoming!
To sum up, what I have replaced on my car to date:
Within the first 100 or so miles after buying: (Car was bought at 50k)
- Radio replaced because back light did not work.
- All 4 tires
- Entire exhaust system minus catalytic converter
Within the first or second k or so miles of ownership:
- All 4 struts
- AC condenser
- AC fan
- AC converted to new system
- AC refilled several times
- Thermostat housing (?) – When I was loosing coolant on a daily basis. Literally had to refill coolant every evening. No pool of coolant seen on ground, ever.
Since my move to GA:
- Ignition module
- Both axles including CV joints/boots
- PCV Valve
- Timing belts and other belts replaced
- Water pump
- Front breaks
- That metal round part that connects tire to car via nuts, 2 replaced along with said nuts
Total cost of all repairs: ~$3,300.00
What needs to be replaced to finally fix AC:
- Expansion valve
Cost for that repair ~$1,200.00
What I plan to do:
Buy a new (used) car. (Especially since I finished paying off the loan a couple of months ago.)
So until then I’m driving in 80-90 degree heat (plus humidity) in a car with NO ac. The people who checked my car’s AC drained it cause the AC was leaking (yet again), and so now I have none, zippo, nada, big goose egg AC in my car.
Have I been giving Giuliano nasty looks for picking out such a bad car, and saying it’d be okay? Have I been grumbling about when he said “We’ll repair the AC later.” before buying the car (which meant I’LL repair it later)? Definitely to both.
There’s nothing but pure hate for my car.